Sorrento - Part 2

This is the second lot of photos from my trip to Sorrento. These photos come from Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii; three places that I now absolutely love. They are some of the most photogenic places I've been, which is wonderful, but unfortunately makes it difficult to photograph them in new and unique ways. I've tried to capture some of the often overlooked details: the cracks in the wall that give a building character, the dog sleeping on the stairs, people's faces on the boat trip home - all the things that we notice but never really remember.

All this got me thinking about originality, and made me remember one of my favourite quotes from Brooke Shaden

"Originality is creating from the heart. It is paying little attention to the trends, opinions, or thoughts of the time. It is understanding the impossibility of everything having been done before, and moving forward with your own ideas, knowing that they have not been done in your way. 
You are the only you there is and ever will be. Take advantage of that. 
Do not let your originality go to waste."